Post-Doctoral Position at UCLA
The UCLA Integrated Substance Abuse Programs (ISAP) invites applicants for a fulltime post-doctoral position in a thriving research organization with decades of experience conducting clinical research on substance use disorders (SUDs). This position is available for an individual interested in interdisciplinary research on SUD topics, emphasizing experimental clinical trials to develop and test effective treatments for SUDs. Opportunities in the rich research environment based at UCLA include:
- clinical trials on SUD treatment conducted by ISAP researchers and affiliated investigators at UCLA and across the nation;
- participation in research studies and activities within the Greater Southern California Node of the NIDA Clinical Trials Network;
- ongoing research on innovative delivery of SUD treatment;
- a focus on blending clinical practice and research, providing a rich setting to increase expertise in designing, conducting, and documenting clinical trials, as well as to learn skills in advanced methodologies applicable to clinical trials research.
Eligibility and Conditions of Employment: Candidates should have a background in psychology, medicine, or neuroscience and be interested in developing expertise in clinical trials research involving pharmacotherapies and behavioral therapies for SUDs. Also of interest are candidates with expertise in implementation science and in statistical analysis that may be applied to clinical research on SUDs. Candidates must have:
- doctoral degree in psychology, medicine, public health, or social sciences;
- S. Citizenship or permanent residency;
- excellent writing and communication skills;
- ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative research environment;
- ability to travel to clinical sites and interact with participants and clinical personnel.
Duration of the fellowship is flexible, lasting for one to two years. Salary will be commensurate with experience and demonstrated capabilities in relevant areas, including writing for scholarly publications, familiarity with good research practices, and an understanding of ethical research and protection of human research participants.
(UCLA is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org