The Innovator Award, sponsored by Indivior, Inc., will recognize individuals who have developed innovative approaches in basic science, clinical research, or treatment and prevention science that reflect ground-breaking strides with potential for significant impact in the field of drug dependence. Such innovation can be in any research area, including methodological approaches or paradigms, drug or assay discoveries, drug delivery, laboratory procedures, analytic methods, conceptual advances, assessment/measurement, treatment approaches, prevention strategies or implementation. The Innovator Award is not meant to be recognition of lifetime achievement. Emphasis is placed on innovation, preferably relatively recent innovation, and potential impact. Candidates do not need to be CPDD members.
- The award will generally be given bi-annually (every two years) at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
- The award will consist of an acknowledgment plaque or statue, a cash award, registration waiver, travel expenses, and lodging at the CPDD annual meeting.
- The awardee will be expected to deliver a lecture in the context of a symposium related to the awardee’s research at the annual meeting: e.g., 45-minute lecture accompanied by three 20-minute related talks.
- Travel awards and registration waivers will be provided for the symposium participants. The awardee will be encouraged to select junior investigators to participate in the symposium.
Please send Nominations to Ellen Geller (firstname.lastname@example.org) and please include the following:
- Name and email of Nominee
- 3-5 sentences describing their research that you feel supports their nomination
We look forward to reviewing candidates for this new CPDD award recognizing and rewarding innovation in our field!