Research Assistant and/or Research Associate – Substance Use Disorder and Drug Overdose Studies
Position Summary: As a Research Assistant or Research Associate at Friends Research Institute, you will play a vital role in our mission to understand and address substance use disorder and drug overdose through rigorous scientific studies. The successful candidate will work closely with Dr. Hochstatter and other experienced researchers, assisting in various aspects of the research process, including data collection, analysis, and project coordination. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and impactful team working to improve public health outcomes associated with the substance use and overdose crises.
Data Collection: Assist in collecting and maintaining research data, including participant recruitment, interviews, surveys, and biological sample collection as applicable.
Data Analysis: Support data analysis, including quantitative and qualitative data processing, statistical analysis, and data management.
Project Coordination: Help with project management tasks, including coordinating study logistics, scheduling, and maintaining study records.
Collaboration: Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams, attend team meetings, and assist in the development of research protocols.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., public health, sociology, psychology, or a related discipline) is required.
• Master’s degree in public health or related field is preferred.
• Previous research experience is preferred.
• Strong interest in public health and substance use disorder research.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
• Proficiency in data analysis software (e.g., Stata) is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Satisfactory completion of Friends Research Institute’s background check process.
Why Join Friends Research Institute:
• Contribute to impactful NIH-funded projects that address pressing public health issues.
• Collaborate with experienced researchers and experts in the field of addiction.
• Opportunities for professional development and further education.
• A supportive and inclusive environment.
• This full-time position includes an excellent compensation and benefits package including health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, a retirement savings plan with company contribution, generous paid time off benefits, and more.
Application Process: Interested candidates are invited to submit their application, including a resume and a cover letter outlining their qualifications and interest in this position. Please send your application to email@example.com.
About Friends Research Institute: Friends Research Institute is a dynamic and innovative research organization dedicated to advancing scientific knowledge in the fields of substance abuse, HIV/AIDS, mental health, and criminal justice. We are proud to be the recipient of several National Institutes of Health (NIH) grants, enabling us to conduct groundbreaking research to combat the challenges associated with the ongoing opioid and other substance use disorder epidemics. We are seeking a motivated and dedicated Research Assistant and/or Research Associate to join our team and contribute to our NIH-funded projects under the mentorship and direction of Dr. Karli Hochstatter.
Location: New York City (primarily work from home with some in-person required)
Position Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000 – $75,000 per year, depending on position, qualifications, and experience
Application Deadline: 12/22/2023
Friends Research Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. We look forward to welcoming a new member to our team who is passionate about making a difference in the field of substance use disorder and drug overdose scientific studies.
For additional information and inquiries e-mail Dr. Karli Hochstatter at firstname.lastname@example.org