Assistant/Associate Professor – Louisiana State University
Description: The Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology & Neuroscience invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the level of Assistant or Associate Professor. Successful applicants will be expected to develop an independent, nationally funded research program. Preference will be given to individuals with an interest and record of achievement in toxicology, cardiovascular pharmacology, or neuropharmacology. Information about the departmental research focus is available at https://www.lsuhs.edu/departments/school-of-graduate-studies/pharmacology-toxicology-and-neuroscience. A generous startup package and appropriate space will be offered.
Qualifications: Applicant must meet the following:
- Doctoral degree in pharmacology, toxicology, or a related biomedical field from an accredited institution.
- Two (2) years of professional, postdoctoral experience.
- Interest and record of achievement in toxicology, cardiovascular pharmacology, or neuropharmacology.
- Demonstrated research experience and potential for or success in external grant writing and grant funding.
- Professional teaching experience at the graduate or professional level in an academic institution.
Additional Position Information
PSN/PER Number: PSN 27712 / PER 23-07-9549
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Primary Location: Shreveport, LA
The LSU Systems Office has provided LSU Health-Shreveport employees with excellent benefit options designed with you and your dependents in mind. Our Benefits Section is available between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, to help answer any questions you might have about these benefits.
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
LSU Health is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicant Instructions: Applications will be reviewed as they are received until the position is filled. If you need assistance applying electronically, please telephone 318-675-5589. If you are contacted for an interview, please let us know at that time if you will need special accommodations.
Apply at: https://www.lsuhsc.edu/shv/CareerOpportunities/Home/Detail/4141. Locate and click on the Apply Online button located at the bottom of the screen, enter your contact information, and upload the following documents:
- Letter of interest addressed to Nicholas E Goeders, PhD, Department of Pharmacology, Toxicology & Neuroscience, Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center – Shreveport; Shreveport, Louisiana
- Current curriculum vitae; and
- A list of three professional references with contact information.